Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Bailey

On October 29, Bailey turned 4! I cannot believe I have a four year old! It's insanity! Bailey is so much fun. She is the SWEETEST little kid, and has a kind heart. She remembers everything! Recently, Tyler was being especially naughty and actually climbed my counters in the kitchen, and got out red food dye, and put it on my carpet! That was after he somehow managed to bleach the carpet in his room with I have no idea what! Needless to say, Mommy was not doing the best job keeping her cool. Thankfully, God gave Bailey the right words to calm me down. The conversation that went on between Bailey and Tyler was adorable.
Bailey: Mommy, are you sad with TyTy?
Me: Yes, I'm very sad.
Bailey: I'm going to talk to TyTy about God. (To Tyler on the time out step) TyTy, you need to obey Mommy and listen to her because that makes God happy. You need to make God happy and not sad. You need to go over to mommy and give her a hug and say sorry.

And wouldn't you know it? He did. I was so proud of Bailey, I wasn't mad anymore, and I realized that Bailey is really listening to me and taking to heart what we teach her about God! And what's more, she's teaching her little brother! She IS REALLY growing up!
On top of that, Bailey has renamed herself Ariel. I'm considering a ban on Disney princess movies, as I think they are having a... uh strange affect on her. Bailey truly believes she is a princess (but hey all girls ARE princesses, right?!)... except, when she smiles now, she cocks her head to the side and flutters her eye lashes and insists that this is how princesses smile. It's funny, but I don't want to encourage it too much, and I can't pin down where she'd get that from, except the Disney movies. Oh well, hopefully it's a phase that will pass.
Aside from that, we had the hoe down at Bailey's school also. I did face painting. I don't know how Mrs. Dori suckered me into that, as I have no artistic talent, but I'll tell you what, I can make a mean pumpkin or candy corn. LOL. I tried. That's what counts.
For Halloween, Bailey dressed up as Ariel. Surprise. It was kind of cute. I mean it was cute, but her Pappaw bought her this red Ariel wig. It was very sweet of him and she LOVED it. However, it really didn't look all that cute on her. But of course, she insisted. Why oh WHY must they grow old and get an opinion about what they wear! Ugh!
On Bailey's actualy birthday, I brought a cake in to school, then we went out to lunch with my mom, Erik's mom, Ryan, Bailey and I. Bailey has 2 cousins that both turned 1, one on her birthday and the other a couple days later, so in an effort to spare our family, we combined them all for a little shindig.
I think that's about all to report on Bailey:) Here are some pictures.-

Bailey's Birthday Lunch... princess pose in full effect
Photobucket

Class Scarecrow at the hoe down
Photobucket

Back of the Ariel getup
Photobucket

Bailey at her birthday party... she insisted on wearing a princess dress up dress
Photobucket

Blowing out her candles
Photobucket

My first attempt at making a cake. It's not a sheep, it's a cow. Hey, I tried! It's not THAT bad! Is it?
Photobucket

One of the other birthday boys!
Photobucket

Oh great! More princess stuff! Thanks Annette! ;)
Photobucket

1 comments:

The Kilted One said...

I didn't know that Eden and Bailey have the same birthday...