Tuesday, November 11, 2008

My only comments on the election

For the most part, I am trying to keep my blog free of any debatable political material and I didn’t want to mention the recent president elect, because well, my kids are so much more fun to talk about. But, recently, as I’ve perused the internet, checked blogs, forums and status’s on facebook, I’m confused, saddened and admittedly angry at some of the responses of ‘Christians’ to the new president.
Is disappointment normal? Of course it is when your candidate doesn’t win! Many Christians did not want president-elect Obama, to get into office. But I’ve seen recent sayings such as ‘America, you got what you deserve’… written by American ‘Christians’ none the less. What exactly does that mean? It is blatant anti American talk! This is not the time to pit Christians against America. This is not the time for us against them. We are all Americans… and we shouldn’t forget that. This is a time to unite and back our president, no matter who he is. This is a time to back America, not put her down. America needs all the support and backing it can get from it’s citizens, more importantly, it’s Christian citizens. I can’t understand the motive behind this sentiment, but it seems rooted in hatred and anger, rather than the love that God is. Thank God that He does not give us what we deserve! I’m not sure that any of us are in the position to decide or determine what someone else “deserves”… at least I’m not going to pretend that I am.

3 comments:

The Kilted One said...

True. I agree completely. I have been very frustrated with Christians these pasts few weeks leading up to the election. I am also glad the we can be charitable in these non-essential beliefs, but stand firm on the essentials of the faith.

Mrs. P. said...

Well, you said it a lot more politely than I did! ROFL!!!!
ITA with your points, and of course, you knew that.

Meghan said...

Cute Blog!

Kristin and I have started a forum for mom's to come and pretty up their life. It's all about photography, crafts, projects, scrapbooking, blogging, and anything else that makes us feel "pretty". Come check it out and join! We're also looking to add to our mod team if you're interested.

www.thedressingroom.forumotion.com

Thanks,
Meghan