Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Picture day!

Ah! Today was picture day for Bailey! I pretty much forgot until after she went to bed. We got it together this morning, but we were late for school! Oh well, she looked cute. I'm a little concerned b/c when I told her to show me how she was going to smile, she "smiled" but it looked uh.. incredibly posed and fake. This years pics should be fun! I did get a pic of her and Ty before she left for school this morning though. It was shockingly half way decent. It's so hard to get them to smile at the same time!
Photobucket

Then this afternoon, Ephraim came over while his mom went to a midwife appointment. So we were just chillin'. Let's just say he missed his mommy. Even Ryan was trying to console him with a sweet little knee pat. Poor guy! He finally cheered up though... over some cookies! ;)
Photobucket

Today, I have been struggling with the idea of politics and Christianity. I don't really want to go too deep into it, because I'm tired and frankly, I've come to a conclusion that I don't feel the need to share any further. However, I think it's important to remember that God is not on one side (republican or democrat). He's in many Christians who happen to feel personally convicted to vote on one side or the other. There ought not to be any judgment among us about what is more or less Christian when it comes to politics. What matters is that we save as many souls as we can and love in a way that is only possible through Him, as we bring His love to the world. When you put it into that perspective that, it really doesn't matter which way we vote, does it?

Oh and I almost forgot, my token Ryan shot!
Photobucket

1 comments:

christalee said...

Yeah Rachel, I hear you on this one. It's funny because it seems like it depends on where you live in California. If you live up north, it is sinful to vote republican, and if down south, voting for the democrats is sin. By the way, I love that Ina May's book made your top 5. It's on my top 5 for sure. I'd make every pregnant woman read it if I could. If only to encourage them not to allow fear to ruin their labor. And I am glad to see we made your blog list :)