Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Update:)

Well, I can't find my card reader, so no pictures today. I just finished my 2 glasses (okay maybe it was 3?!) of wine and watched the debates. I use the term "debate" loosely, because these really aren't debates. They are so pointless really. It's kind of depressing. I am wishing/hoping for some spark but they are altogether way too civil. Oh well! In my opinion, McCain looked kinda like a fuddyduddy:)
I made something really delicious for dinner tonight, thanks to my best buddy Robyn, who made something similar the other day. This is what it was. 2 cans of chunk chicken (you could use regular chicken like shredded, but this is what I had on hand. I think took about half a carrot and chopped it up with my pampered chef chopper thingy, and threw that in with the chicken. Then I added Trader Joes Thai Yellow Curry Sauce until it reached a nice consistency of moistness... kind of like chicken salad but a touch drier. Then I toasted wheat bread, pulled it out of the toaster, but the chicken mixture on top and then added havarti cheese to my bread and sliced dubliner cheese to Erik's bread and broiled the whole thing til it was melted. It was delicious! Really it was so good and I made enough of the curry chicken mix for lunches for tomorrow and probably another day this week! It was really great! All this to say, I have no idea why I'm writing all this... but maybe someone else will make this and enjoy it as much as we did.
Well, there is not much else to say really... I recently joined facebook and that has been pretty fun, seeing what everyone is up to. Everyone I've ever known seems entirely happy and ecstatic, it's kind of weird. But then today, I heard someone who seemed the happiest of all was getting a divorce. Places like facebook or myspace or wahtever are so interesting, because all you see are smiles and happy perfect, pictures. I mean I put the same things up there too... I just wonder sometimes if people are being real or not. I guess I even wonder if I'm being real. Am I happy? Yeah I am happy! But catch me at the end of a day right before Erik comes home with three kids of whom none have taken a nap and all they want to do is paint for the six thousandth time that day and splatter paint all over the kitchen floor while asking for their sixtieth snack... then no at that point in time I'm not happy. Oops, the secret is out. I am not always happy.

3 comments:

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen said...

What's your facebook - We could add each other to our facebooks and then we could be reminded of how happy we both are with three kids on dinnertime with no husband in sight!!!

The Mommy said...

Mmmm, that recipe sounds great. I'm definitely gonna have to try it.